Saturday, October 23, 2004

Tour de Midwest 2004

For the past eight days or so, Jennie, Allie, and I have been touring the glorious Midwest, for family, friendship, ministry, and sports.

Family? Yeah, that's spending Tuesday night and Wednesday morning with Grandma Walta in Chicago, and then heading to Big Rapids, Michigan for three days with Jennie's parents - Bill & Sue Walta. The whole Walta clan was there, including Brian & Lynna and Steve. Allie got to meet her uncles and aunt for the first time!

Friendship? Yeah, we spent last weekend in Indiana with friends from our days at Grace College and Seminary (see pic from previous post).

Ministry? I attended Willow Creek's second-annual conference on Preaching & Teaching. I got to see my friend Jeremy Helmuth, who is also a senior pastor in north-central Indiana. We got to hear terrific teaching from Bill Hybels, Erwin McManus, Ed Young, Richard Allen Farmer, and Larry Crabb.

Sports? Well, I didn't "play" any sports. I did, however, draft a fantasy team with my friends from Grace. Got all my "usual suspects," including Peja Stojakovic, Eric Snow, Rodney Rogers, Aaron McKie, and Steve Nash (if you care).

I'm sure I'll post more about our terrific week together, and some really cute pictures of Allie. We are excited and even sad to see her growing up so fast!!

No comments: