Thursday, April 15, 2004

Taxes or whatever

Aren't taxes due today? Yes, I believe I read that somewhere. Hope you all got great returns - not everyone does (including those who run this website). Certainly not a complaint here, though, we did get to use what we earned, and God has provided more than we deserve. We're not here on earth to try and grab as much money and stuff and then live as comfortably as possible.

Tomorrow we leave for Chicago, and Allison is reportedly growing hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Almost 31 weeks, and these are the details we get from "inside the womb." New life is an amazing thing. Life without eyebrows just wouldn't be the same.

We are overcome with the following thoughts... "What will she look like?" "I hope she is growing two eyebrows, not just one." "Let's hope for Jennie's sake that Allison is not getting her head-size from her daddy!" "Did we register for too much?" "Is that her leg sticking out?" "Is Allison going to be one of THOSE babies who cries and poops all day?" "Is there any other kind of baby?"

It is amazing to feel and see Jennie's stomach move and churn as Allie wrestles within.

On the fantasy basketball front, I finished 3rd out of 12 or 14 teams. Not bad, but I'd rather be a winner - you know? Being this close to Cleveland, I have really no concept for winning. The Cavs and their 35-47 record is the best team this town has had to offer in a few years. The Browns are terrible, and I wonder if I would ever allow my children to wear orange. The Indians are worse, but at least they know what direction they are going. Sports is so overrated - why waste your time following these spoiled millionaires as they either throw pieces of leather really fast, hit each other, or try to stuff a ball through a rim. Who cares?

I'm sure parenting will put everything in perspective. People say parenting really makes you grow up, but you and I both know people who refuse. They refuse to do the right thing, and they refuse to set good examples and boundaries for their kids.

How much money would people save if they stopped eating out?

But we're headed to Chicago, and I love Giordano's pizza. If you've never had Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, you're missing out on the finer things in life. Check out that link - look at the stuff!

Since we're talking Pizza, there's a chain in Northern Ohio called Zeppe's that is really, really great. We had dinner there the other night, and are forever grateful to Josh & Kirsten Smith for introduicng us to the world of Zeppe's pizza.


No comments: