Before I start, I must apologize for the website lately. Many of you logged on to find the kind words "BANDWIDTH LIMIT EXCEEDED" and at the worst possible time! I have contacted my host for our website, and plan to up the bandwidth. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a bumper sticker on a dude's car that said "Tekkie: Will work for bandwidth" - and now I know why.
Well, I can't believe how fast the first NINE days of my daughter's life have gone. Time flies too fast these days. She is doing great, and already loves Ohio State. I'll have to add a couple of her pics to our website.
Allison is doing great, and she's regained the weight that she lost. She looks so much different or older than her pictures from the hospital. If you want to see the actual hospital pics, they're at www.growingfamily.com, click on their "WebNursery."
I will probably do a few mutterings on the homepage until I figure out how to post pics to this blogger. This is a lot easier.
Jennie and I have slept pretty well at night, but overall she is exhausted. I don't know how she has done it, and I am amazed and blessed to have such a great wife and now a great mother for my kids. Allison is so incredibly cute to hold, snuggle with, and play with already. Any time I know we are going to get visitors at our house, I sing her a song with their names in it. She seemed to like the "Chadd and Cory song" that I did two days ago.
On Tuesday, Bill & Kim Underwood (my cousins) stopped by with their three kids - Jacob, Bryn, and Reagan. That was a whirling dervish of a visit. We love Bill & Kim, and I dearly love their kids too. But I realized how "orderly" and "protective" I am of my own stuff - or Allison's stuff, for that matter. Maybe I'll grow out of that. Jennie and I would love to have more children someday, but right now we are overjoyed and loving the one God has given us now.
Our friends have been tremendous - bringing food, mowing our lawn, trimming our grass, and visiting to say hello and love on Allie. God has really blessed Jennie and me beyond our ability to recognize. We are grateful and honored in so many ways!
Some things I used to do in my free time will now have to die. Rest assured, the webpage is not one of them. I am talking about some of my sports hobby. Let's rip away the chaff of watching sports on TV. If it's not Ohio State football, then I don't have to see it. Even if it is Ohio State football, you'd think I'd have my fix by now with two Fiesta Bowl victories and one national championship in the last two years.
Leonardo? Yes, I'm almost finished reading the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Maybe I'll do a review of it on our website or on this blogger. Right now, it is a thrilling book to read, and it's obvious why it's become a bestseller. I bought the book on eBay, and I plan to sell it next week on eBay. Anyone interested?
Got to start the college fund somehow!
Thursday, July 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment