I don't usually call somebody out on my website. It's not really proper etiquette. You're supposed to write things of a general nature, giving updates about your family and friends, especially pictures of your very-cute daughter. Well, since our photo-tour of our weekend in Akron is currently being detained in Tallmadge, Ohio (read: someone left our digital camera at a wedding reception on accident - not me or Allison)... I decided to post a picture of a very creative, intelligent, and funny friend of mine.
Meet Josh Smith of Gitgan.com. Yes, it's his web-design site, and yes, dude designed my website. However, after conferring with Tim Cooper, Jeff Becksfort, and several others, we have yet to hear back from our beloved internet guru.
I actually met Josh when he was in 9th grade, and I was a raw college freshman helping out with The Chapel's youth group for the summer. That didn't stop us from re-connecting about seven years later, being in several men's groups together, and building what I consider to be a very solid friendship.
Josh, if you're out there, I miss you bro. I hope you're doing well, and I hope lots of people go to your website now and hire you to do their pages. You are a great guy with lots of personality, skills, humor, and faith. At the very least, people will read your blog and be entertained, enlightened, and encouraged.
While I don't normally do photo-blog tributes like this, because I'm afraid of singling you out, I figured you might break the norm. I mean, you can see how in this world of personal websites and blogs and journals, people don't really need to interact via e-mail, phone, or personal time - they merely need to read each other's blogs.
Josh, I just wanted to say hi. Hope things are going well for you. I hope you don't mind that other people are "listening in." May you and Kirsten and the entire Smith/Winkelmann clans have a terrific Christmas! Your brother on the blog, Gary
Saturday, December 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment