Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Feeling Bloggy?

I just read through several friends' blogsites. I like them all. But it's interesting the different approaches people take to doing this.

For example, some sites are basically pictures and updates for family and friends (like mine, Tim Cooper's, and Bob & Lori Siffert's new blog). I think the Becksforts' blog was like that, I miss those guys. They were great at doing a blog at first, but I think they're trying to keep us all in suspense.

Other blogsites are more for sharing thoughts, wrestling with ideas, and even some interaction via the comments. Danny Wright, Kary Oberbrunner, and a couple others seem to be like that.

Yet other blogsites are just humorous musings from silly innovators like Jeremy Bear or Ben Roethlisberger. I'm sure you all know Big Ben, and he's doing a blog.

Anyhow, I'm not really sure what I want mine to be. Seems like it's more of an expression of how I feel or think at a given time. You can tell I'm most often motivated to blog when I have a picture of Allison to blog and post. But, as Jeremy poitned out in a recent comment, I have gone extreme on the baby-posting meter. Then again, when you have grandparents peeking in on the blog, you know they aren't logging on to hear about Ohio State's latest recruits. (Speaking of which, this past week was a dark day for Buckeye fans, as highly-touted offensive lineman Justin Boren from central Ohio committed to a team up north that we can't mention by name.)

I guess I'm having a blogdentity crisis. Sometimes I want to blog about movies. Other times, I want to blog about a friend I just saw or a memory of a great experience. Yet other times, I just want to rant about how great it is that, even though we're no longer in Akron, I get to read blogs of so many good friends like Josh, Derrak, Tim, Dave Craig, Becks, Siffert, and others. I wonder if some of those other peeps have a blog yet. Rob? Derr? Smokin Dan??? Chadd? Brad? Smokin Dan???

Alas, blogging isn't for everyone. And it's also something people do in spurts. I notice that Danny Wright has put in an entry just about every other day for the past week and a half. Some of us started out that way, but we get "civilized" as Apollo Creed would say. On that note, thanks for reading. Time for sleep. (See Jer, it's possible to do a whole blog entry without mentioning our cuter-than-anything daughter, Allison, who just started pointing to her favorite book and saying "Ducky!"

3 comments:

danny2 said...

your blog is your blog dew. i think it can be all the things you mentioned.

one thought....i wish you would have added links in your article...not just to link to mine, but i'd love to know where kary's is too.

Jeremy Bear said...

Double-drat! Jeremy "Bane of the Internet" Bear strikes again.

Dude, first of all, I love the baby pictures. Like Allison's grandparents, I take terrific pleasure in each posted photo. At all costs, keep 'em comin'.

Second, Danny speaks the truth. Your blog, you should post what you want. I tend to goof around a lot, but lord knows I've had a serious post or two.

Throw whatever melts your butter on there, man. I'm always happy to see a new entry.

(By the way, I wish I could take credit for the baby pictures article I left on your comments page a couple blogs ago, but I can't.)

Becks & Lee said...

Gary, just for you I have added new stuff to our blog. Something new for you to look at. A few new pics and a few older ones, but still something to check out. Keep the blogging coming. You do such a good job at keeping current. I check-in often! -Lee