Jennie and I got to see one of the biggest events in Harness Racing (as if I know what THAT means) yesterday. It's the biggest event of the year in Delaware, as over 52,000 people were here for these races.
The horse I was pulling for was called "Village Jolt," and my Grace friends will know why. Village Jolt won its first race, and then finished second in the championship race - which is known as the third leg in the Harness Racing Triple Crown. No surprise to see "Village" come in second.
Most of the people were betting on horses all day, as there were about 20-25 races throughout the afternoon. Of course I didn't. It's a pastor thing, you wouldn't understand. Or maybe you would. But I was tempted to.
My fun was more like "fantasy harness racing," where I'd pick the horse and pretend the stakes were high.
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment