
Yeah, I just finished reading The Life You've Always Wanted by John Ortberg.
A terrific and easy-to-read book that challenged me on the heart, mindset, and freedom of the spiritual life. My desire and pursuit of God was really encouraged here. It wasn't a book about how often to read my Bible or a new prayer formula. It was more about these lesser-known (but just as important) commitments...
Things like...
Learning to slow down the pace of your life.
Focusing on being a better servant.
Seeking right-living instead of mere "balance."
The value of honest confession.
I have to say it was an awesome book. I read 220 pages in three days, something I rarely do anymore. It was collateral reading for a class I'm taking at Denver Seminary, I chose to read it. And I would read it again.
Ortberg is engaging, passionate, colorful, and honest. He is a teacher, writer, and Christian I greatly admire - and he's not full of himself. The book is full of grace. Have you seen it?

No comments:
Post a Comment