Well, game 2 starts in just a few minutes. I wanted to mutter for a minute about game one the other night. If you're not a basketball fan - you might want to scroll down to the next posts - good pics of Allie.On a personal note, I can't believe I stayed up till midnight to watch the game till the end. Why do they start these games at 9pm? It can't be good for the ratings, or for the future of the league. ESPN Classic is playing a marathon of all the NBA finals games from the last 15 or 20 years, and I remember seeing many of them. Guys I admired as a kid - Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley - back when I played basketball... Anyhow, most of those games were played in the afternoon or early evening.
Now, with games starting at 9PM, and at least one hour of commercials throughout... it's all happening way too late. It's one thing if time zones are an issue, but this is Dallas vs. Miami.
The other night, Miami lost for a variety of reasons. They forgot to guard Jason Terry. Their bench, full of hall of famers like Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning, forgot to play with any intensity. And, lest I forget, Shaquille O'Neal made ONE out of NINE free throws. I haven't played hoops in over two years, and I bet I could do better with my eyes closed. Seriously. And it's the talk about Shaq every year.
He's one of the most dominant basketball players of all time, yet he cannot make a free shot just fifteen feet from the basket.
So Dallas took game one, and I was rooting for them anyway. I want to see a great series, and these teams are capable of it. If you're a basketball fan, you might enjoy reading the blog of Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. He's hilarious, intense, and controversial. Cuban blogs regularly, and sometimes during games. He's good for a few laughs, especially if you're a hoop fan. If you're not a hoop fan, thanks for humoring me and actually finishing this post...

No comments:
Post a Comment