Saturday, September 25, 2004

Gotta love Pancho's!


Gary with chili
Originally uploaded by wailer2000.
Tonight, Jennie and I took my parents out for my mom's birthday. I had their famous chili for an appetizer, and asked if they'd take my picture. I told them I was a full-time journalist for garyandjennie.com, and they were honored to be G&J's featured restaurant of the week!

If you're headed to Pancho's this week, check out their hearty NINE-layer nacho dip. That's right, nine layers come with three tortillas for only $6.99, and you're guaranteed to either be stuffed beyond belief or have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow. Incidentally, that was my plan, as I plowed into each layer of chicken, sour cream, refried beans, guacamole, tomatoes, onions, cheese, jalapenos, and scallions. Add some of their classic salsa and a healthy spray of Tabasco sauce, and I was in Mexican heaven.

For my mom's birthday, they gave us each a HUGE scoop of vanilla ice cream ($1 each) and sang to us. Maybe you remember that this is how Jennie and I met at the Hacienda Mexican restaurant in Warsaw, Indiana, just five years ago. It's hard to compare any restaurant with Hacienda, but Pancho's has found a special place in our hearts. They even let me into their kitchen!

No comments: