This week, I'm in Denver having a great time hanging out with Tim and Suzanne Cooper and skiing the slopes at Vail. Uh, actually, I'm at Denver for a class at Denver Seminary. Just had my first half-day of classes, and the place is wonderful. A beautiful new campus that they just opened LAST WEEK, and are just really now moving into.
The class is on "How the Nature of the Church Affects Strategies for Ministry" and is taught by Dr. Craig Williford, formerly of The Chapel. We had a very interactive and fun afternoon. Pastors and ministry leaders (15 or so) from around the country are here to sharpen their leadership and think about the direction of our churches and ministries.
It is hard to be apart from Jennie and Allie this week. Right now, they are on a road trip to Winona Lake, Indiana to visit some friends from our days at Grace College. I think Jennie had lunch at Hacienda, probably downing a wet burrito and lots of chips.
Sunday morning at church, Allie was standing and walking by Jennie. Then, she saw Daddy (ME) across the room, and RAN to me. When she got to my feet, she threw up her arms as if to say, "Daddy, Hold me!!" One of the greatest moments of my life, actually. First time she's ever done that. My popularity was but a fleeting moment, as the next time I saw her, Jennie handed Allie to me and then my beautiful daughter started crying instantly and reaching for mommy. Maybe Allie was bummed that, for the first time in months, I did not mention her in some way during my message at church. Speaking of messages at church, check them out at this link right here.
So, this week, here's my schedule in Denver... if you're interested. Notice, no time hanging out with John Elway or Carmelo Anthony (sorry to disappoint.)
Tuesday = class all day (8am-4pm), enjoy a seminary orientation for new students (read: FREE DINNER), and then skip out early to attend the Tuesday night worship service where Tim Cooper is serving as Interim Pastor - a great young adult style church called TNL, or "The Next Level Church."
Wednesday = class all day (8am-4pm) with a lunch seminar about some computer programs called Moodle and EndNote 8 (Read: "Wish they had wireless internet so I could check e-mail and pretend to be learning about computer programs."). Wednesday night, I'll probably venture into the mountains or Colorado Springs to get some nice pics.
Thursday = class all day (8am-4pm) and I'll give a presentation on The Connecting Church by Randy Frazee. Thursday night, probably hang out with Tim & Suzanne and play ping-pong or find other things to do in Denver when we're alive. Not sure if anyone's getting that joke, but I'll keep going there and hope it's funny.
Friday = half day of class (8-Noon), do a seminary interview, and then hopefully meet with Mike Arnold and Tim Cooper for lunch. Really would love to see Mike! Haven't seen him since he moved to Vegas almost a year ago.
Saturday = get up wayyy early, fly out of Denver at 7:30am...
The week will go fast, and I do have "homework" every night. Great stuff, though. I love the challenge and the learning... I'm grateful to God, The Chapel, and Delaware Grace Brethren for helping me go after this great learning opportunity. And I'm grateful that you're still reading my blog!
That reminds me...
Monday, July 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
call me when you're coming to cedarville.
937.423.4774
Post a Comment