I spent the weekend with some people I really like. Jennie Underwood. Allie Underwood. Okay, I love those people. I also spent the weekend with many of our youth from Delaware Grace, up at Lakeside near Lake Erie. Jennie and I had a great time up there, and enjoyed hanging out with many of our junior and senior high students. We also had a lot of great adult volunteer help, led by our youth director Dustyn Vanzant and his wife Robin.
Anyhow, I guess I was going to start this post talking about people I don't like. Is it wrong to "not like" a person just because he plays for the other team? Is it wrong to wish harm on someone just because he's not wearing the right uniform? Is it wrong to hope a grown man gets tackled a lot and experiences a lot of frustration on Saturday night at 8pm in Columbus?
Right or wrong, I've attached the above picture of a person I do not like. I respect him, but I do not like him. If God calls me to "love my enemies," then I guess I am hoping this person experiences a form of "tough love" this week. In the long run, it may benefit his career to lose one game. He may be challenged to greater levels of hard work, preparation, and passion for that elusive big win.
I suppose if I could get the guy in the picture to believe that it's in his best interests to lose, then I would actually be showing "love" to a person I do not "like."
Is it wrong to have a favorite team? Is it right to root against a team because they wrongfully mock respectable animals (like a steer)?
Well, right or wrong, I don't like Vince Young. I wish I could go see Vince's humiliation in five days, but it's too expensive!
Apparently, Vince, people are willing to pay big money to see you lose. But believe me, tough times like this will make you a much better man. Might even remind you that you need God.

2 comments:
I just want he and ted ginn to somehow be in a foot race so that ted can show him who is boss!!!!!
by the way, this anonymous guy is a little pushy, but man, he sure has a lot of business ventures.
Hey Gary thanks for mentioning me in one of your blogs, unfortunently it was one entitled "people I don't Like..." Thanks!
Post a Comment